Over time equipment will fail. Florida Fire & Life Safety can handle all your damper repairs. Whether you need access doors installed, fusible links replaced, actuators that have failed replaced, or a complete damper replacement, we have you covered.
Our technicians have been repairing and replacing dampers for over 20 years. We have the experience and knowledge to correct the dampers that might have failed during inspections. 100% compliance is our goal.
Chapter 19 of the Florida Fire Prevention code covers the access requirements for dampers.
- 2.3 Dampers equipped with fusible links, internal operators, or both shall be provided with an access door that is not less than 12in (305mm) square or provided with a removeable duct section
- 2.3.2 The damper access panel shall be labeled with the words “Fire Damper” in letters not less than ½ in. (13mm) in height.
- 6.3 If the damper is not operable, repairs shall begin without delay
- 6.4 Following any repairs, the damper shall be tested for operation in accordance with Section 19.5
- 6.5 All maintenance shall be documented in accordance with 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168