Florida Fire & Life Safety has been inspecting Fire and Smoke dampers in commercial facilities for over 20 years. We work hard to be the best and provide the highest level of service in the industry. Whether your facility has 5 dampers or 5,000, Florida Fire & Life Safety can handle the project and you can be confident that you made the right choice when it comes to your damper needs. Contact us today for a quote. We guarantee compliance and stand behind our pricing.
Smoke accounts for the majority of fatalities in building fires. Fire Damper Inspections are a vital part of life safety. Verifying that your fire dampers are operating correctly ensures that the dampers will close to stop the spread of smoke through the ventilation system in the event of a fire. Florida Fire &Life Safety inspects all mechanical, electrical and pneumatic dampers.
At Florida Fire & Life Safety, we understand that facility staffs are busy enough. Often times, Life Safety inspections are put on the back burner. That’s where Florida Fire & Life Safety can play a vital role. We offer the option of a long-term contract for your facility, ensuring that you are always in compliance. Florida Fire & Life Safety can handle all aspects of the inspection and repairs. All of our inspectors go through extensive training and background checks and are professionals. We are here for you and your safety.
The 7th Edition of the Florida Fire Prevention Code
Chapter 19.5 of the FFPC covers the fire damper periodic inspection and testing requirements.
- 5.1.1 Each damper shall be tested and inspected 1 year after acceptance testing
- 5.1.2 The test and inspection frequency shall then be every 4 years, except in buildings containing a hospital, where the frequency shall be every 6 years.
- 5.3.1 All inspections and testing shall be documented, indicating the location of the damper, the date of inspection, name of inspector, and deficiencies discovered. The documentation shall have a space to indicate when and how the deficiencies were corrected.
The Florida Fire & Life Safety Advantage
- Florida Fire & Life Safety is an expert at the inspection of Fire and Smoke Dampers throughout the state of Florida. We guarantee compliance and the lowest cost.
- Locate and operate (i.e., actuate) all dampers in the facility.
- Provide third party Certification Report to the client.
- A Master Report listing
- the location of every damper
- the damper numbers
- the inspectors name and date
- whether the damper passed or failed. If the damper failed inspection, a detailed reason will be provided.
- Digital pictures of every damper showing open and closed and/or deficiencies
- We provide a digital report which is available online to the facility and supervising jurisdictions
- Provide your facility with a long-term contract, ensuring that you will never have to worry about your facility complying with the Florida Fire Prevention Codes.